Cleobury Mortimer & Ditton Priors Light Railway
M R C Price
Oakwood Press 2019 reprint £13.95
This railway ran parallel with the Severn Valley Railway to the east and the junction was Cleobury Mortimer on the GWR’s Tenbury Wells-Bewdley line. The line opened in 1908 and became part of the GWR at Grouping. Passenger services ceased in 1938, then goods in 1939 but war brought salvation in the form of a Royal Armament Depot at Ditton Priors, causing the line to survive into the 1960s. This fourth edition of the book first published in 1963 is a reprint of the revised third edition of 1995 with two new appendices. A5 format, 96 pages, 111 photographs.